Five (5) Likely Questions Business Owners Ask Web Designers
- Can you show me examples of websites you have designed in the past? Website owners often want to see a web designer’s portfolio to assess the designer’s style, creativity, and ability to deliver high-quality work. They may also look for examples within their industry to gauge the designer’s understanding of their specific needs.
- How long will it take to design and develop my website? Time-frames are crucial for website owners, as they may have specific launch dates or marketing campaigns tied to the website’s completion. They want to know how long the design and development process will take to plan their business activities accordingly.
- What is your process for gathering requirements and understanding my business? Website owners want to work with designers who take the time to understand their business goals, target audience, and unique requirements. They may ask about the designer’s process for gathering information and how they ensure the website aligns with the owner’s vision.
- Do you provide ongoing website maintenance and support? Maintenance and support are important considerations for website owners, as they want to ensure their site remains secure, up-to-date, and functional. They may inquire about the designer’s availability for ongoing maintenance and support services, such as software updates, security patches, and troubleshooting.
- How will the website be optimized for search engines (SEO)? Website owners recognize the significance of search engine optimization (SEO) in driving organic traffic to their site. They may ask web designers about their approach to optimizing websites for search engines, including considerations such as site structure, page load speed, mobile responsiveness, and meta tags.
These questions provide a glimpse into the concerns and priorities that website or business owners typically have when engaging with web designers. However, it’s important to note that specific questions may vary depending on the individual’s business objectives, industry, and unique circumstances.